NATIONAL CAREER FAIR .
The National Career Fair is a capacity building event designed to reduce the growing unemployment rate in Nigeria scheduled to hold in several major cities and states across the country. This event is an initiative of the Imperial Integrated Project. The 2017 edition is scheduled to hold in Lagos, Oyo, Akwa Ibom, Kaduna and Abuja. In attendance would be thousands of participants comprising Students/young people, job seekers, and captains of industries, HR managers, sales executives, investors, entrepreneurs, Government officials, and the general public.
The National Career Fair is an annual symposium on career information, business development, employment and economic opportunities for students, young professionals and SME’s in Nigeria. This program is designed to reduce the growing unemployment rate in Nigeria. The fair is also in response to the growing needs of the society and student undergraduates for an all-encompassing career information program.
KEY FACTS/ STATISTICS
Nigeria with a population of over 160 million, the youths are over 60 million, of this, 53% are unemployed according to Nigeria Bureau of Statistics (NBS). The rate of unemployment in Nigeria is expected to increase further by about 2% this year – by Financial Derivative Company Limited (FDN). Over 2 million graduates join labor market yearly; only less than 8% secure jobs. Unemployment particularly among the youths is one of Nigeria’s biggest problems and there is an urgent need to address the situation.
WHO WE ARE
The National Career Fair is an initiative of the Imperial Integrated Project. We are a social change youth-focused business enterprise creating opportunities for students and young people in an emerging Nigerian economy. We promote social development and focus on creating platforms for young people and the larger economy to interact for mutual benefit. We are driven by the belief that `opportunities provide impetus for growth` and our business is structured to find growth opportunities for young people.
BE A FACILITATOR/MENTOR: COACH A CLASS
EXPERT/CELEBRITY COACHING SESSION
As a facilitator /mentor at the National Career Fair, you would be in charge of a class of your choice with a minimum of 20-30 trainees/mentees who are interested in learning your vocation.
This training session is designed to give budding entrepreneurs/youths a taste of what being an expert is, as well as impacting the experience and technical know-how of a seasoned professional across various sector of the economy.
Below are the classes/training sessions available at this edition. NB: You can also suggest your choice vocation, if your area of interest is not stated
LIST OF VOCATIONS FOR INTERESTED FACILITATORS/MENTORS AND MENTEES AT THE NATIONAL CAREER FAIR 2016
NB: A Class consists of minimum of thirty (30) Fair participants.
Each class will be trained by minimum of two (2) Facilitators/Mentors.
Class Duration: Three (3) Hours
- Event Planning, Management, Production (Sound/Lighting/Stage Setup)
- Social Media/ PR Management/ Blogging
- Interior Designs (Decoration, Furniture, Wallpapering, Designs etc)
- Cosmetology, Beauty and Fashion Design (Bags, Shoe, Makeup, Bead Making, Tailoring, Styling, Spa etc)
- Talent Management / A&R (Music, Sport, Movie, Modelling)
- Music and Entertainment (Artiste, Producers, Cinematography, Comedy, Film)
- Creative Writing/ Script Writing/ Rapporteur
- Multimedia and Advertising (Graphics design/ Animation/ Montage Creation Printing/Publishing)
- Catering/Confectioneries /Chef/ Culinary Services
- Agro-allied and Manufacturing (Fish Farming/ Poultry/ Farm)
- Sport Betting, Bookmaking and E-commerce
- Health Safety Environment (HSE) and Project Management
- E-learning/ Online Certifications
- HR/Customer Service and Hospitality
- Corporate Governance and Leadership